Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Excel for Data Analysis
This second course in Data Analysis for Business ExpertTrack builds on the basics and teaches you how to tidy your data and build databases to enhance your business analytics.
Apply critical thinking skills to data and learn how to use Excel and SQLite to tidy, organise, and manipulate data sets.
Perform data analysis in Excel
You will use Excel to perform data analysis, learning frequently used functions and formulas to crunch and combine data.
This course will transform your basic knowledge into powerful methods of analysis, techniques, and tools.
Tidy your data for better outcomes
Tidying data refers to tying the structure of your data set back to its meaning, which includes matching up rows, columns, and tables with your observations, variables, and types.
Tidy data tells a clearer story and allows you to draw comparisons and apply formulas or visualisations more easily.
Create your first database with help from SQLite
Articulate how to create a database and understand how function impacts form as part of the process.
The formatting and organisation of a database has an impact on how easily the data can be used. You will use SQLite to import tables and adjust them for your needs.
- Introduction to exploratory data analysis
- Introduction to exploratory visualisations
- Introduction to databases
- Introduction to SQL
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Articulate how to perform basic analysis in Excel
- Outline the steps involved in tidying data
- Identify the correct ERD for a dataset
- Articulate how to create a database and import tables using SQLite
Who is the course for?
This course is for anybody who needs data analytics skills at work, or would like to progress to a job where they’re desirable or necessary.
This may include early stage or aspiring analysts who would like to improve their qualitative or quantitative skills, or a business professional in a role that requires data analytics. You may also be a business or arts graduate who would like to move into a professional role and stand out from the competition by adding quantitative skills such as data analysis.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends