Skip to 0 minutes and 6 secondsWhy do we collect data? What can you do with your data now? What would you like to be able to do with your data in the future? How can working with data save lives? Improve life expectancies? And make us happier? What are the necessary methods, and tools, to make better use of data? How do you plan, organise, and manage data usefully, according to up-to-date governance, and data-sharing legislation? The Power of Data in Health and Social Care
Harness the power of data to improve health and social care services
Data analytics is a powerful tool in health and social care. It can be used to develop new services, influence strategies, inform budget decisions and optimise processes and policy.
On this course, you’ll discover the principles of healthcare data analytics. Discover best practices around data governance, tools to help you manage and analyse data, and how to work collaboratively with data scientists and digital teams.
Using real-world case studies you’ll gain practical experience of the link between health and data science, that you can use to create sustainable health and social care services.
On this special extended version of the course the educators will continue to join the discussions and respond to individual comments but less frequently; this will likely mean that they will not be able to respond to each individual comment or question. Please also note that there will not be any Live Stream sessions during this run, however, links to recordings of previous sessions will be included for your benefit.
What topics will you cover?
The course is designed to equip participants with the ability to understand, communicate and manage:
- The value of data science and analytics for improving health and care service design and provision
- Data Collection, Preparation and Management
- Data Analytics Methods and Tools and their practical uses
- Ethics and Information governance considerations including GDPR guidance
- How to generate and communicate meaningful insight from analytics
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the value of data science and analytics for improving health and care service design and provision
- Apply key techniques for Data Collection, Preparation and Management
- Describe Data Analytics Methods and Tools and their practical uses in health and social care
- Apply ethical and information governance considerations
- Produce and communicate meaningful insight from data analytics
Who is the course for?
This course is for frontline, middle and senior management staff working in the health and care sectors.
It will also be suitable for students, academics and industry suppliers of services and systems to healthcare.
See all FutureLearn Reviews
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLDataHealthCare to talk about this course on social media.