Skip to 0 minutes and 6 seconds Why do we collect data? What can you do with your data now? What would you like to be able to do with your data in the future? How can working with data save lives? Improve life expectancies? And make us happier? What are the necessary methods, and tools, to make better use of data? How do you plan, organise, and manage data usefully, according to up-to-date governance, and data-sharing legislation? The Power of Data in Health and Social Care
Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $94
The Power of Data in Health and Social Care
Harness the power of data to improve health and social care services
Using data well can be a powerful tool in health and social care. It can be used to develop new services, influence strategies, inform budget decisions and optimise processes and policy.
On this course, you’ll discover the principles of healthcare data analytics. Discover best practices around data governance, tools to help you manage and analyse data, and how to work collaboratively with data scientists and digital teams.
Using real-world case studies you’ll gain practical experience of the link between health and data science, that you can use to create more sustainable health and social care services.
The course is designed to equip participants with the ability to understand, communicate and manage:
- The value of data science and analytics for improving health and care service design and provision
- Data Collection, Preparation and Management
- Data Analytics Methods and Tools and their practical uses
- Ethics and Information governance considerations including GDPR guidance
- How to generate and communicate meaningful insight from analytics
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the value of data science and analytics for improving health and care service design and provision
- Apply key techniques for Data Collection, Preparation and Management
- Describe Data Analytics Methods and Tools and their practical uses in health and social care
- Apply ethical and information governance considerations
- Produce and communicate meaningful insight from data analytics
Who is the course for?
This course is for frontline, middle and senior management staff working in the health and care sectors, including the 3rd sector.
Students, academics and industry suppliers of services and systems to healthcare will also find this course valuable.
What software or tools do you need?
Participants will need access to Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.