- Duration8 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis and Visualisation
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Start thinking like a data analyst
With big data central to modern business decision-making processes, data science skills are increasingly essential.
On this course, you’ll be introduced to principles of data analysis and data visualisation.
You’ll begin learning how to use statistical analysis to guide business decisions. You’ll use specialised data analysis tools to generate insights and learn how to present data visually and numerically.
- Data and its organisation
- Basic statistics
- Making discoveries working with several variables simultaneously
- Sources of error and misconception
- Confidence intervals
- Statistical tests via randomisation
- Seasonal decomposition and forecasting
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore fundamental statistical data science concepts
- Create visual and numerical representations of data
- Interpret data analysis outputs
- Discuss interpretations and limitations of data
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for those new to data analysis and data visualisation or those who want a reminder and fresh perspectives. You will need to be comfortable thinking in terms of percentages and have a level of comfort with using computers.
What software or tools do you need?
We use free software. Parallel threads enable you to choose between using online software that requires only an internet connection and browser, installed “point-and-click” software, or learning to code in R.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.