Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Visualisation with Python: Seaborn and Scatter Plots
This course will teach you how to bring big data sets to life through data visualisation using the powerful Python programming language.
Explore the best data visualisation tools to become a programming expert
On this course, you’ll look at Python for beginners in data analytics. Python is one of the most widely used, and easiest to use programming languages, powering the back-ends of some of the world’s biggest online companies, including Google, Dropbox and Instagram.
You’ll learn how a Python programmer uses data to create graphical representations that can be easily analysed and examined.
Learn how to use Seaborn in Python
This course will also introduce you to Seaborn, a data-visualisation library in Python. Seaborn combines aesthetic appeal with the powerful technical insights of the programming language.
You’ll learn how to identify a scatter plot, line plot, and other relational plots, as well as how to understand the differences between them.
Understand quantitative and categorical variables
What are quantitative and categorical variables used for in Python? You’ll see how the programming language visualises categorical data (which has a fixed length) and quantitative data (which can be measured).
You’ll also find out how to categorise plots and other quantitative variables of data visualisation.
Examine uncertainty in data and visualisation workflows
The final section of the course will teach you the basics of uncertainty within visualisations. You’ll examine uncertainty in data, point estimate intervals, and confidence bands.
Using your new knowledge, you’ll be able to confidently display uncertainty in data and walk through creating a workflow of a visualisation based on exploring a dataset.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the architecture and objects of Seaborn Package
- Create Static Visualisations using Seaborn
- Customise the Seaborn plots
- Apply design and visualisation best practices to static plots
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals looking to grow their confidence in using Python to produce exploratory and explanatory visualisations and build dashboards, as well as better communicate their insights.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: