- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Divisional Performance Measurement: How to Achieve Operational Excellence
Most large companies are comprised of divisionalised structures. How does the performance of each sector contribute to achieving the company’s wider strategic goals?
Both financial and operational measures are important to business objectives. This course will introduce you to the different types of divisionalisation and methods of measuring performance.
You’ll learn how to evaluate and compare the performance of different divisions of a business in order to chart success and spot where improvements can be made.
You’ll find out how to make critical analyses of the roles and responsibilities of these different operating segments.
You’ll also design financial and operational performance measures to help you achieve these goals.
Discover how to achieve a balanced scorecard
The balanced scorecard (BSC) is one of the best-known performance metrics that an organisation can use. You’ll have the chance to learn all about this framework, and how it links a vision to strategic objectives, targets and initiatives in order to implement and manage strategy.
Learn how to calculate ROI
How does a company evaluate the efficiency of an investment or compare the efficiency of a number of different investments using ROI?
ROI is a useful tool for evaluating a various business opportunities: technology investments, marketing campaigns, business process projects and more.
You’ll find out how ROI is used to measure the profitability of investment centres, how to calculate return on investment, what represents a good return on investment, and the problems with ROI.
- Introduction and evaluation of centralisation and decentralisation
- Calculate, compare and contrast a division’s return on investment and residual income
- Introduction to the concept of transfer pricing
- Calculation of transfer prices
- The limitations of division performance measures
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the different bases of divisionalisation
- Evaluate the use of different types of profit to measure performance
- Identify the differences between types of responsibility centres
- Discuss and critically analyse the limitations of divisional performance measures
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone looking to build their financial data analysis and interested in using data for business decision making.
It will be of particular interest to people in senior management and leadership roles who lack an accounting background, especially if you wish to learn the skills to help you make better decisions and advance your career.
Unlock the financial and organisational potential of a business with balanced scorecards and other strategic analysis tools.