What topics will you cover?
- Definition and causes of dysphagia
- How to improve medicines administration for patients with dysphagia
- Supporting patients with dysphagia to take their medicines
- Different medicine formulations and the important considerations for patients with dysphagia
- Legal and ethical considerations when administering medicines to patients with dysphagia
- Standardising the approach to reviewing medicines in patients with dysphagia
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
There are no requirements for this course, other than an interest in swallowing difficulties and medicines. The course will be of particular interest to carers, nurses and those in the field of medicine
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLswallowMed to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course