Weekly study3 hours
Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how to improve your communication skills in a professional context
Faced with a daily deluge of information, effective communication has never been more important.
This online course offers you a practical grounding in using different types of communication media to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time, and reduce your stress levels.
You will discover the principles of how to write emails, reports, and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. And you will develop communication skills that are sensitive to cultural and personal differences.
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behaviour
Who is the course for?
This business communication course is for anyone interested in how to improve communication skills in a workplace context.
This could range from jobseekers to those seeking internal promotions to anyone interested in communicating better day-to-day.
No prior communications skills training is necessary.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
IMPORTANT! If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM191 Business and Finance Fundamentals in Practice starts October 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all eight Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course. Details of runs of the relevant FutureLearn courses in 2019 and 2020 are available here.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.