Build your network and personal brand, online and in the real world
Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. This online course introduces the principles of networking, to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
You will craft and get feedback on an elevator pitch about your role and talents. You will learn how to analyse the value of your connections, whether you are seeking a new job or to be more effective in your current role.
You will also find out how to create and manage your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
What topics will you cover?
- Nature and benefits of networking
- Barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- Frameworks for self-assessment and communicating professional strengths and interests
- Interpersonal skills including giving and receiving feedback, listening and using appropriate body language
- Online communication in a professional context
- Fundamentals of brand equity as applied to individuals
- Monitoring, evaluation and planning for improving the mutual value of networking activity
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM191 Business and Finance Fundamentals in Practice starts October 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all eight Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course. The start dates of the relevant FutureLearn courses in 2019 and 2020 are available here.
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships. The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
Join this course
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBFnetworking to talk about this course on social media.