- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Digital upgradeFree
COVID-19: Effective Nursing in Times of Crisis
Learn how nurses can still provide quality care in uncertain times
Healthcare systems are going through unprecedented upheaval in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic – straining under the volume of patients, and struggling with a lack of key resources.
Although these challenges are new for high income countries, such issues are long-established in conflict zones and other humanitarian settings.
On this course, you’ll explore the issues involved for nurses working with low resources, and what you can learn from nurses in crisis zones.
You’ll discover how to lead during the COVID-19 pandemic, what palliative care currently looks like, and how we can work towards recovery.
- Nursing in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nursing and palliative care in a low-resource environment
- The importance of considering patient, provider and systems issues in developing robust health systems
- Lessons learned in humanitarian and crisis settings
- Addressing social and cultural norms and working towards recovery and adjustment
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key characteristics of COVID-19 and their effect on vulnerable populations
- Evaluate approaches to strengthening health systems
- Reflect on the impact of public health crises in your context
- Describe the characteristics of effective healthcare interventions
- Discuss the applications of data analytics in decision-making
- Apply ethical frameworks to clinical practice in complex situations
- Reflect on the role of leadership in responding to public health crises
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for nurses or other healthcare professionals working with COVID-19 patients, or wanting to learn more about how to provide quality care with limited resources in times of crisis.
Jhpiego creates and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, Jhpiego builds health providers’ skills and develops systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families.
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is a globally-recognized leader in nursing education, research, and practice. The school is ranked No. 1 nationally for its master’s programs, No. 3 for DNP and online programs, and No. 2 for online MSN Health Systems Management options by U.S. News & World Report. The school is also ranked by QS World University as the No. 3 nursing school in the world, No.1 by College Choice for its master’s program, and No. 1 by NursingSchoolHub.com for its DNP program.
Johns Hopkins University are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #NursinginaCrisis to talk about this course on social media.