- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
English in Early Childhood: Context and Communication
Learn from language experts to deliver effective communication with children
On this two-week course, you’ll discover how to encourage talk and what to consider when communicating with young children.
The course has been produced by the British Council, global providers of high-quality English language courses and experts in language development. You’ll reflect on ways to communicate effectively with young children.
Understand positive communication strategies with children
You’ll learn how to communicate with young children in a supportive manner.
You’ll look at the considerations when talking to children, and what you can do to encourage language development. You’ll understand the different interaction types and how to use positive strategies to motivate children.
Learn how to encourage a child’s emotional development
You’ll look at the connection between a child’s well-being and their ability to communicate and why the interactions we have with children are so important for encouraging communication, and language development.
You’ll understand how to praise children and avoid labelling, in order to nurture a growth mindset, and how to develop a child’s confidence.
Support whole child development and learning English in context
Learn how to guide a child’s language learning experience and explore how children develop language in the context of relationships and the environment around them. You’ll learn how to make learning English meaningful, interesting and fun while developing the whole child while they learn many things at once.
- Encouraging talk - what should we consider when communicating with young children?
- Emotional development - praise and labelling, nurturing a growth mindset.
- Developing the whole child - learning many things at once.
- Learning English in context - exploring activities and experiences that are motivating and meaningful.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on ways to communicate effectively with young children.
- Explore meaningful learning and developing language in context.
- Discuss emotional wellbeing and mindsets.
Who is the course for?
This course is for parents of young children, English teachers of young children and early years practitioners who want to understand and assist young children in learning English as an additional language. It will suit you if you have an interest in early childhood development.
Explore early childhood development and find out how you can support young children learning English as an additional language.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends