Weekly study3 hours
Enterprise Resource Planning in Operations Management
Understand the importance of resource planning
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is central to any business, helping to efficiently manage all core processes, including finance, manufacturing, and HR.
On this four-week course, you’ll delve into the role of enterprise resource planning and how to use it to enhance operations. With this knowledge, you’ll understand how operational practices contribute to efficiency in both service and manufacturing environments.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to successfully implement ERP, and have the skills to overcome the challenges you may face along the way.
Understand how to use operational strategies
Delving into operational strategies, you’ll learn how to examine and determine applicable information to use for improvements in your operations.
You’ll also consider how making improvements has consequences for both the organisation and stakeholders. This appreciation will help you consider what can be done to ensure changes are implemented smoothly.
Learn how to improve core business processes
With a solid understanding of the key concepts in operations management, you’ll explore the process tools and frameworks to improve core business processes.
You’ll also investigate and analyse internal and external priorities to enable continuous improvement within the business.
Explore KPIs and presentation tools
To help ensure your operational strategies are effective, you’ll learn how to use operational indicators such as KPIs to measure the performance of your strategies.
You’ll also learn how to use presentation tools to communicate your measurements with the team, to further help with productivity and efficiency.
Learning from the experts at Sentinel|9, you’ll finish the course with the skills and confidence to use enterprise resource planning to improve operations management.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the key concepts in operations management, resource planning, application systems, operations management process tools and frameworks to improve core business processes
- Evaluate the role of enterprise resource planning as core to successful operations, and how operational practices contribute to the efficient operations in both service and manufacturing environments
- Investigate the core business processes of an organisation’s internal and external supply chain interactions to create high-quality outcomes
- Critique the use of operations resource planning, modelling and analytical tools to recommend solutions to operational problems
- Synthesise information from a wide range of sources to determine research skills, and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in process management with sound analysis and recommendations
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the applications of enterprise resource planning and operational systems and processes.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.