Understand the role of food and nutrition in fertility and pregnancy
On this course for healthcare professionals, you will explore the latest evidence surrounding the role of nutrition on fertility and pregnancy outcomes. You will focus on two main topics: foods and fertility, and foods and pregnancy.
Foods and fertility will focus on optimising nutrition for fertility and pre-conception, including topics like the effect of food on reproductive health and dietary recommendations to improve fertility. Foods and Pregnancy will explore topics including requirements during pregnancy, and optimising gestational weight gain.
What topics will you cover?
- The link between food and fertility
- The effect of preconception food and diet
- Weight and fertility
- Dietary recommendations to improve ovulation and fertility
- The physiology of pregnancy and nutrient metabolism
- Weight management during pregnancy
- Nutrient requirements during pregnancy
- Food recommendations during pregnancy