Weekly study5 hours
Food as Medicine: Fertility and Pregnancy
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Understand the role of food and nutrition in fertility and pregnancy
On this course for healthcare professionals, you will explore the latest evidence surrounding the role of nutrition on fertility and pregnancy outcomes. You will focus on two main topics: foods and fertility, and foods and pregnancy.
Foods and fertility will focus on optimising nutrition for fertility and pre-conception, including topics like the effect of food on reproductive health and dietary recommendations to improve fertility. Foods and Pregnancy will explore topics including requirements during pregnancy, and optimising gestational weight gain.
- The link between food and fertility
- The effect of preconception food and diet
- Weight and fertility
- Dietary recommendations to improve ovulation and fertility
- The physiology of pregnancy and nutrient metabolism
- Weight management during pregnancy
- Nutrient requirements during pregnancy
- Food recommendations during pregnancy
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Generate a holistic multi-disciplinary approach to managing women peri-conception and during pregnancy
- Describe the role of pre-conception nutrition in terms of fertility, foetal development and adult health
- Provide evidence based food recommendations to improve ovulation and fertility
- Define dietary recommendations for pregnancy and define strategies for achieving
- Promote optimal nutrition pre-conception and during pregnancy by developing/providing handouts to women interested in having a family/considering conception. (Systems based patient safety learning outcome)
Who is the course for?
Places in this course are limited to 100, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
This course has been designed for healthcare professionals, specifically medical specialists, general practitioners and nurses.
However, the course may be of benefit to healthcare professionals such as dietitians and nutritionists with a background in nutrition, who may like a ‘refresher’ in this area of study.
You should have a good knowledge of science, medicine and healthcare practice.
Accrediting bodies and professional associations who have recognised this course
This course is recognised by:
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF): this online educational activity is endorsed by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) Federal Office. Completion attracts 8 CPD hours.
If you have any questions on the course, its accreditation/endorsement or how it may relate to your professional healthcare practice we encourage you to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who developed the course?
World rankingTop 60Source: QS World University Rankings 2021
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: