Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Learn how healthy dietary choices can improve your mental and brain health
Poor diet and poor mental health are leading causes of death and illness worldwide. Critically, it is now known that diet quality is a key factor in influencing mental and brain health across all stages of life.
On this course, you will explore the physiological ways your daily diet can affect your mental and brain health. You will consider the role of the immune system and also the gut microbiome.
As you explore the link between mood and food, you will uncover the steps that can be taken to change diet patterns which influence poor mental health.
What topics will you cover?
- The relationship between diet/nutrition and mental and brain health
- Factors influencing diet, nutrition and mental health
- Dietary styles, behaviours, guidelines and assessment
- The role of inflammation and gut microbiota for mental health
- How diet can be optimised for mental and brain health
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest, or with experience of, good or bad mental health.
This course will also be of interest to healthcare practitioners working with people with mental and brain health issues or in roles related to diet, nutrition and mental and brain health education.