Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Food and Mood: Improving Mental Health Through Diet and Nutrition
Learn how healthy dietary choices can improve your mental and brain health
Poor diet and poor mental health are the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. We now know that diet quality is a modifiable factor that is linked to mental and brain health across all stages of our lives.
We will explore how our daily diets may affect our mental and brain health, including the role of our immune system and gut microbiome.
The course will provide research evidence, practical examples, skills development, and collaboration on dietary intake assessment, strategies and resource sharing for dietary change.
- The relationship between diet/nutrition and mental and brain health
- Factors influencing diet, nutrition and mental health
- Dietary styles, behaviours, guidelines and assessment
- The role of inflammation and gut microbiota for mental health
- How diet can be optimised for mental and brain health
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the relationship between diet/nutrition, and mental and brain health
- Explain why diet and nutrition are important for mental and brain health.
- Explore the principles and strategies of dietary change.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest, or with experience of, good or bad mental health.
This is an introductory course which might be of interest to healthcare practitioners working with people with mental and brain health issues or in roles related to diet, nutrition and mental and brain health education.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.