Find out how to speak German effectively at work
Language skills are vital in our interconnected economies. People who use their knowledge of other languages and cultures in the workplace can open up professional opportunities.
German is the most widely spoken native language in Europe, and German-speaking countries benefit from strong economies and low unemployment.
This course will help you to consolidate your German communication skills for the workplace by focussing on practical language use.
You’ll develop your linguistic competence (at level A1/A2) and deepen your cultural understanding.
You’ll already have a basic knowledge of German.
- Meeting people
- Talking about numbers, dates and times
- Transport and travel arrangements
- Work and leisure
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply intercultural communication skills, for example, using formal and informal language appropriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic spoken and written German, for example, conversations and emails
- Contribute in German in a range of work-related situations
- Apply vocabulary, phrases and grammatical structures accurately
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who already know some German, for example from school or evening classes.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLLearnGerman to talk about this course on social media.