Weekly study5 hours
German at Work Post-Beginners 1: Deutsch am Arbeitsplatz
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Find out how to speak German effectively at work
Language skills are vital in our interconnected economies. People who use their knowledge of other languages and cultures in the workplace can open up professional opportunities.
German is the most widely spoken native language in Europe, and German-speaking countries benefit from strong economies and low unemployment.
This course will help you to consolidate your German communication skills for the workplace by focussing on practical language use.
You’ll develop your linguistic competence (at level A1/A2) and deepen your cultural understanding.
You’ll already have a basic knowledge of German.
- Meeting people
- Talking about numbers, dates and times
- Transport and travel arrangements
- Work and leisure
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply intercultural communication skills, for example, using formal and informal language appropriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic spoken and written German, for example, conversations and emails
- Contribute in German in a range of work-related situations
- Apply vocabulary, phrases and grammatical structures accurately
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who already know some German, for example from school or evening classes.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020