Weekly study5 hours
German at Work Intermediate 1: Deutsch am Arbeitsplatz
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
German is the most widely spoken native language in Europe, and German-speaking countries benefit from strong economics and low unemployment.
This course will help you consolidate your German communication skills for the workplace. It follows German at Work Post-Beginners 2: Deutsch am Arbeitsplatz.
You’ll learn to talk about your career and write a CV, discuss employment and the right job for you, as well as find out more about education in Germany.
You’ll develop your linguistic competence (at level B1) and deepen your cultural understanding.
- Talking about work and employment
- The right job for me
- Schooling and education in Germany
- Talking about your career and writing a CV
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply intercultural communication skills, for example, following conventions for writing a CV
- Demonstrate an understanding of spoken and written German, for example, radio programmes and short articles
- Describe situations and give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- Apply work-related vocabulary and phrases fluently and accurately
- Apply appropriate structures to communicate accurately and with increasing complexity (for example, using different cases / using subordinate clauses)
Who is the course for?
This course is for learners who already have an intermediate level of German.
This course follows German at Work Post-Beginners 2: Deutsch am Arbeitsplatz.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020