Skip to 0 minutes and 13 secondsDAKSHA PATEL: Hello and welcome to the final week. Plans need to be implemented. In this week, we'll begin by considering some practical issues on what needs to be considered in order to implement a plan. How can we go about organising our activities into time frames and budgets? And once a plan has been implemented, how can we make sure it stays on track? What do we mean by monitoring and evaluation? As we consider the elimination of avoidable blindness, we need to consider change in our approach to eye care services. This means we're going to have to begin considering bringing both clinical and non-clinical human resources together with appropriate infrastructure and technology to deliver efficient and effective eye care services.
Skip to 1 minute and 15 secondsThis has to be supported by consistent leadership and governance.
Skip to 1 minute and 23 secondsThis has been an introductory course, a simple approach, a sort of a stepping stone if you like. We hope that this allows you to begin the journey to making sure that no one goes blind needlessly.
Welcome to Week 6
Welcome to the sixth and final week of the course. If you want to revisit material from previous weeks, you can navigate through them via the ‘to do’ list. Click ‘To do’ and then click on the appropriate week.
This week we will complete our exploration of the fourth course objective, to understand and apply the essentials of the planning process for implementation in a local setting. We start by reviewing the SMART objectives from week 5, before examining how to prioritise activities and looking at the principles of preparing timeframes and budgets.
By the end of this week you should be able to:
- Describe the link between objectives, activities and priorities in the planning strategy
- Apply the process of ranking priorities
- Relate priorities to human resource and infrastructure requirements for service provision
- Identify priorities across different socio-economic groups to deliver integrated, sustainable, equitable, and excellent services
- Prepare an activity timeframe to attain the objectives
- Understanding the principles of preparing a budget.
© London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine