- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Global Ethics: An Introduction
Widespread poverty, closed borders and catastrophic climate change
In our interconnected world, we face challenges that demand global solutions. But how do you find the right solutions?
On this course, you will use key ethical theories to examine the most important global issues of our time. What should be done about widespread poverty? Can it be right for countries to control migration and close borders? And what about climate change: Why care about preserving the world for future generations anyway?
Upon completing this course, you’ll be better equipped to think about and debate some of today’s most complex global ethical challenges.
How do key moral theories apply to the most important issues in global ethics?
Global inequality: What should be done about widespread poverty?
Migration: Are controlled borders unethical?
Climate change: Should we care for future generations?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss key moral theories and apply them to important issues in global ethics.
- Explore and examine the global challenge of inequality, and appreciate its complexity.
- Apply and critically assess different arguments relating to the global challenge of migration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global challenge of climate change, and consider our obligations to future generations.
- Identify and use the concepts and methods of philosophy.
- Apply basic philosophical arguments.
- Identify and use key ethical concepts.
- Debate in a reasoned manner some of the most important questions of our time.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in global ethics, or those considering further study in global challenges and philosophy.
What software or tools do you need?
There are no specific software requirements or tools needed to study this course.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.