How to Succeed in the Global Workplace
Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
This course will help you succeed when you enter the workplace.
Beginning your career or starting a new job brings to mind lots of questions, so we’ve designed a course to guide you through those initial weeks and months so you can make a positive start to your career.
You’ll see videos from employers, giving you insights from around the world into what they look for from their employees. You’ll learn how to communicate across cultures and discover the skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, managers and clients.
The course includes articles, discussions and quizzes with tips to help you feel confident.
What topics will you cover?
- Negotiating yourself through the first days in a new job
- How to make a good first impression
- Active listening and clarifying information
- Culture through global, cultural and personal influences
- The elements that make up an organisation’s culture
- Having effective intercultural conversations
- Teamwork as a means of effective working practices
- Building rapport with colleagues
- Showing initiative in the workplace
- Building an effective network
- Developing time management skills
- Developing confidence and resilience
- Developing resilience through flexibility and adaptability
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone starting work, returning to work, or thinking ahead to the start of their career. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills.
Who will you learn with?
The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries connecting the best of UK culture with a global audience and providing high-quality English language courses.