Support your child to make informed decisions with this university parent guide
Navigating the Higher Education application process can be confusing for young people and their parents. This course will help you to support your young person in the university application process.
You’ll explore the application timeline and key decision dates, such as when to register, and the deadline for submitting personal statements. This course will also address common concerns such as what financial aid is available, and what support services your young person will have access to throughout their time at university.
What topics will you cover?
- Course welcome
- Our understanding of higher education and the options available
- Myth-busting common concerns
- Influencing factors and researching higher education
- The application process and key dates
- Making the most of open days and visits
- Writing the application and the support available
- Financial aspects of applying to university
- Living costs at university
- Hearing back from offers
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
The course is for parents, carers, and supporters of students that are entering university and who may be leaving home for the first time.
This course will also be useful for staff in local authorities supporting children in care and teaching staff looking for CPD training and to learn more about the university process.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: