Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Capacity Building: Core Competencies for Health Promotion
With the increased life-expectancy, living a healthy life becoming important. Health promotion provides individuals with means to improve and manage their health. This course provides basic information on health promotion. Upon completion of the course, students will have a better understanding of the process and implementation of health promotion.
As the process of enabling people to increase control over and improve their health, health promotion is a behavioral social science enhancing the quality of life for all people.
A minimum set of six competencies were identified according to the Australian Health Promotion Association. Of these, 1) program planning, implementation, and evaluation, 2) partnership building, and 3) special competencies for the Asia-Pacific region—diversity and inclusiveness, were included in this course.
- Program Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Partnership Building
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Communication and report writing
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe stages of the health promotion cycle
- Be able to explain the importance of partnership building
- Identify potential stakeholders for partnership
- Explore potential barriers for partnership building
- Describe the importance of diversity and inclusiveness
- Summarise how to communicate and report effectively
Who is the course for?
This course is for any students who are interested in health promotion, or who would like to be health promotion specialists. No previous health-related experiences are needed.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.