Weekly study6 hours
High Performance Computing in the Cloud
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Understand high performance computing (HPC) in the cloud
This online course provides an advanced, graduate-level introduction to using cloud computing for high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
The course will cover a wide range of topics from cloud architecture and infrastructure supporting HPC to the business opportunities that are enabled by HPC in the cloud.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Virtualization and Containerization
- Parallel Computing Frameworks
- HPC in the Cloud Use Cases
- Cloud Service Orchestration and Resource Scheduling
- Cloud Infrastructure for Supporting Heterogeneous Resources
- CloudLightning Approach: Architecture Overview
- Resource Management in CloudLightning
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- the range of activities associated with High Performance Computing and with Cloud Computing
- the differences in ethos between HPC and Cloud
- how the HPC and Cloud design spaces can be merged
- the challenges of supporting high performance hardware in the cloud
- on how the cloud is evolving to become heterogeneous
- the challenges associated with Resource Management at scale
- various techniques for Service Orchestration in the cloud
- on the advantages of using self-organization for Resource Management at scale
- on how successfully HPC workloads are being supported in the cloud
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at students with experience and knowledge of high performance computing. You may have already completed the Supercomputing course on FutureLearn.