What topics will you cover?
- Supercomputers: introducing supercomputing terminology and some of the largest machines in the world
- Parallel computers: how they are built from hundreds of thousands of CPUs, each similar to those in a desktop PC
- Parallel computing: using parallel processing to harness the power of all of those CPUs for a single calculation
- Computer simulation: how we can perform virtual experiments to make real-life predictions
- Case studies: how supercomputing is making scientific breakthroughs that were never possible before
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLsupercomputing to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course