Weekly study3 hours
Hotel Revenue Management
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Build the skills to forecast, plan, and optimise your hotel’s revenue
Using revenue management to predict customer behaviour can allow a business to optimise incomes and improve profitability through pricing.
On this four-week course from the Universidad de Palermo, you’ll learn the basic concepts of revenue management and discover the best processes to prepare forecasts, benchmarks, pricing strategies, and much more.
Explore the behaviour of the hotel market and hospitality sector trends
You’ll start by delving into the basics of revenue management and understanding its competitive potential in the hospitality sector.
Then, you’ll widen the focus to look at the hotel market as a whole; analysing the trends of the industry, both in consumers and competitors. By learning the behaviour of the hotel market, you’ll be able to better predict and plan for changes in the sector.
Develop strategies and tools for hotel revenue management
There are many tools you can use to analyse the market and make informed revenue decisions. From demand forecast to price elasticity on demand, you need a robust strategy and toolset to optimise your profitability in the hospitality industry.
Throughout this course, you’ll gain the skills to analyse the market and identify when to make changes in pricing to improve both income and profitability.
Discover the benefits of market segmentation and competitive positioning
There are many different ways to obtain and analyse market information to better predict your strengths and weaknesses as a business. You’ll evaluate these different methods and techniques before learning the importance of market segmentation.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to plot a competitive map and develop strategies to effectively position your business’s price points.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the basic concepts of Revenue Management and what its competitive potentialities are.
- Explore the behavior of hotel market, and trends of the new type of consumers and competencies.
- Identify strategies to optimise incomes and business profits, as well as the optimisation and profitability on distribution channels.
- Compare the most important tools used in online marketing and e-Commerce for Revenue Management.
- Evaluate between different techniques to obtain market information.
- Investigate the benefits of market segmentation, choosing the right competitive map and subsequent positioning in terms of price.
- Reflect on your own practices.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the tourism and hospitality sector. It will be especially useful to university students currently studying hospitality or for any professionals in the industry.
If you want to further your understanding of this subject, you may want to take these courses from the same provider that share the same overall learning outcomes: