- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
How to Make and Sell Your First Immersive Experience
Understand the essentials of immersive creative technology
From augmented reality to immersive audio, immersive experiences are increasingly popular both for recreation and for brands looking to build a deeper connection with their audience.
On this course, you’ll get introduced to extended reality and immersive experience techniques, allowing you to create and market your first immersive experience.
Discover tools and techniques for immersive storytelling
You’ll delve into the world of immersive storytelling, learning the narrative techniques at your disposal to engage in storytelling in 3D spaces, understanding how this differs from traditional media.
Explore the role of real-time game engines in creating cutting-edge immersive and extended reality experiences, and reflect on the processes of immersive production.
Experiment with different immersive mediums
Alongside experts in immersive storytelling from StoryFutures Academy – the UK’s National Centre for Immersive Storytelling, run by the National Film and Television School and Royal Holloway – you’ll experiment with a variety of immersive mediums, including augmented reality and 360 filmmaking and editing.
You’ll also learn how to record binaural sound, and create truly immersive audio – a vital tool in immersive narratives.
Build an immersive experience marketing and distribution strategy
Once you’ve got to grips with the techniques at your disposal, you’ll dive into how to create a killer marketing campaign – ensuring that your first immersive experience finds the audience it deserves.
- An introduction to Immersive Production
- An introduction to 360 Filmmaking and Editing
- An introduction to Real Time Game Engines
- An introduction to making Augmented Reality
- An introduction to Immersive Sound
- An introduction to Marketing Immersive Experiences
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the creative and technical possibilities of Augmented and Virtual Reality for immersive productions and know the importance of a user journey in immersive storytelling
- Engage the techniques available in a 360 film director's tool box and know how to use these techniques to direct the audience's gaze in a 360 film
- Compare and apply the filming techniques used for 16:9 traditional filmmaking with techniques used for 360 filmmaking
- Create a storyboard and shotlist for a 360 shoot
- Explore the importance of game engines for immersive production and identify the most important game engines in the industry
- Identify the Virtual Reality creation toolbox available within the Unity Game Engine
- Demonstrate the ability to upload a pre-existing Unity Project and view it in a headset
- Assess the conceptual and technical parameters of contemporary creative Augmented Reality (AR) practice
- Develop your own creative skills in using a marker-based AR system
- Evaluate some of the different opportunities that AR and VR offer for immersive storytelling
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the spatialisation of immersive sound
- Explain the key techniques for capturing and synthesising Immersive Sound including the hardware and software needed
- Evaluate the foundations of Dynamic Audio
- Apply the concept and key tools of Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Interpret how to structure creative ideas clearly and communicate them to collaborators, commissioners and funders in the form of a Pitch Deck
- Identify the role of Social Media, including crowdfunding, in telling a story about your project, building a follower base and getting funding for your ideas
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who want to start creating and distributing their own immersive experience.
You might have experience as a graduate or freelancer working in areas of media including filmmaking, sound design, or theatre and have an interest in exploring immersive creative technology such as virtual reality, augmented reality, 360 filmmaking, and binaural audio. You may be interested in telling stories in 3D virtual spaces, but don’t know where to start.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.