Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 2: 2.1
Grow your confidence in communicating in Chinese
On this interactive five-week course from ChinesePlus, you’ll continue to build a solid foundation of the Chinese language to use in everyday situations.
Develop your knowledge of Pinyin, the Chinese phonetic system
As you progress, you’ll develop your phonetic knowledge of Pinyin by practising the stress in disyllabic, trisyllabic, and quadrisyllabic words, improving your fluency and becoming proficient with the stress in a sentence.
Explore Chinese characters and the Chinese writing system
Learning both Pinyin and the Chinese writing system together can help you overcome the challenges of connecting the written Chinese characters with their corresponding sounds.
This course guides you through both the phonetic system and writing system, side-by-side, allowing you to master your pronunciation and character writing alongside your language learning throughout this course.
Discover useful Chinese phrases and greetings and basic Chinese grammar
Each week, you’ll explore different language points, learning everyday phrases to help you communicate useful information. From talking about travel plans and your favourite sports to acknowledging someone’s birthday and passing on a message, you’ll build up a linguistic repertoire of useful Chinese phrases.
To further help you communicate in Chinese, you’ll also develop your understanding of Chinese grammar, including how to use the adverb of degree, the adverb of time, and different sentence structures.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Perform a good understand on Chinese phonetic system (Pinyin), especially for the stress in words and in a sentence
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Chinese writing system, including basic strokes and writing single-component characters
- Engage with native speakers to communicate in a common everyday situation
- Explore the contemporary culture and life in China
- Contribute to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 2
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with experience in basic Chinese. It is recommended that you have completed the HSK 1: Chinese Language for Beginners ExpertTrack or that you have at least 30 hours of Chinese language experience.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends