Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 2: 2.2
Develop your Chinese through expertly crafted videos and learning materials
On this five-week intermediate course from ChinesePlus, you’ll further your knowledge of the Chinese language and develop your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
Through engaging videos and content, as well as the opportunity to engage with native speakers, you’ll explore more phrases, grammar, and pronunciations to use in everyday situations.
Learn useful conversation points such as talking about food and asking for help
Building on your existing bank of phrases and greetings, you’ll learn more expressions throughout this course, such as talking about food and drinks, and discussing exams and studies.
You’ll also explore posing questions, specifically how to ask the reason for things and how to ask for help.
Discover the intonations of Chinese sentences using Pinyin
Intonation is very important in language as it conveys the attitude, emotion, and intention of a sentence. Generally speaking, in Chinese, interrogative sentences have a rising intonation and declarative sentences have a falling intonation.
On this course, you will practise the intonations of Chinese sentences: rising intonation and falling intonation. By learning about Chinese intonations, you’ll be able to better convey your intentions when speaking.
Explore the Chinese language through the context of Chinese culture
As you develop your understanding of the Chinese language, you’ll explore the contemporary culture and life in China, allowing you to recognise the nuances of the language.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Perform a good understand on Chinese phonetic system (Pinyin), especially the intonation of a sentence
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Chinese writing system, including ten radicals
- Engage with native speakers to communicate in a common everyday situation
- Explore the contemporary culture and life in China
- Contribute to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 2
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with experience in basic Chinese. It is recommended that you have completed the HSK 1: Chinese Language for Beginners ExpertTrack or that you have at least 40 hours of Chinese language experience.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends