Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 4: 4.1
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Gain practical skills in speaking, reading, and writing Chinese
This interactive five-week course will help you develop your Chinese language skills to a post-intermediate level.
Learning from the experts at Chinese Plus, you’ll be guided through different topics to discover more vocabulary and phrases to use in everyday conversations.
Master sentence structure and Chinese grammar
Throughout the course, you’ll learn different grammar points as you watch useful teaching videos to hear real-life dialogue.
You will master sentence structure and usage, including 不仅..而且; 既使..也; 首先..其次 and 对…来说. Learn how to use 正好、差不多、尽管、而、却、挺、本来、另外、以为、原来、并、按照、甚至、肯定、再说、实际、尤其 these words in a sentence. With this knowledge, you’ll know how to talk about your life and work in a detailed and specific way.
Explore the Chinese writing structure
The course will also help you develop your Chinese reading and writing skills.
You’ll be guided step-by-step to read and understand the 280 key characters needed for the HSK 4 exam.
Learn more about Chinese cultures
Each week, you’ll develop your understanding of different Chinese cultures. With this knowledge, you’ll know more about life in China and have the confidence to communicate with ease.
- How to discuss love and romance in Chinese
- How to discuss friendship in Chinese
- How to discuss job interview and the first impression in Chinese
- How to discuss work and life and making money in Chinese
- How to describe your shopping experience in Chinese
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- a good understand on Chinese grammar and sentence structure
- a good understanding of Chinese writing system
- with native speakers to communicate in a more complex situation
- the contemporary culture and life in China
- to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 4
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with experience in intermediate Chinese. It is recommended that you have completed the HSK 3: Chinese Language for Intermediate ExpertTrack or that you have at least 80 hours of Chinese language experience.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends