This course is part of the HSK 4: Chinese Language for Post-Intermediate ExpertTrack
HSK Standard Course Level 4: 4.2
Gain an intermediate knowledge of the Chinese language to build your confidence to take the HSK level 4 test.
Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
HSK Standard Course Level 4: 4.2
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Gain practical skills in speaking, reading, and writing Chinese
This five-week course will help you develop your Chinese through carefully crafted learning materials and videos.
Guided by the language specialists at Chinese Plus, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge and confidence to communicate in Chinese at a post-intermediate level.
Understand differences in Chinese characters
You’ll delve into 280 Chinese characters to gain a solid understanding of their uses and differences.
This knowledge will help develop your Chinese writing skills to ensure you are ready for the HSK level 4 test.
Delve further into Chinese grammar and sentence structure
To ensure you convey the precise meaning as you communicate in Chinese, you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of Chinese grammar and sentence structure, including 既…又／也／还 ; (在)…下 and 在…看来. Learn how to use 竟然、倍、值得、其中、估计、来不及、要是、 使、只要、可不是、因此、往往、难道、通过、可是、不过、确实、由于、比如 and 上as a verb in a sentence.
This knowledge will help you gain the confidence and skills to express yourself clearly and correctly in Chinese.
Listen to conversations in Chinese
Throughout the course, you’ll listen to real-life conversations in Chinese.
These exercises will help you practise your listening and speaking skills and learn useful Chinese phrases.
What topics will you cover?
- How to talk about your shopping habits
- How to talk about your favourite sports and how can you adapt to the climate
- How to talk about life in Chinese
- How to discuss success in Chinese
- How to discuss happiness in Chinese
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- a good understand on Chinese grammar and sentence structure
- a good understanding of Chinese writing system
- with native speakers to communicate in a more complex situation
- the contemporary culture and life in China
- to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 4
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with experience in intermediate Chinese. It is recommended that you have completed the HSK 3: Chinese Language for Intermediate ExpertTrack or that you have at least 90 hours of Chinese language experience.
Who will you learn with?
has been teaching Chinese in the UK higher education for over 10 years. She has developed innovative learning methods and teaching materials during her teaching experience.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn