Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Human Factors in a Healthcare Environment
Discover how understanding human factors can improve patient safety
Human factors is the study of how humans behave and interact with each other and their surroundings. It considers how humans interact in the workplace and how, due to the inevitability of human error, mistakes are likely to occur.
On this course you will look at human factors in a healthcare environment, an area where it is vital to limit mistakes because human error can affect patient safety. You will learn about systems that pre-empt the inevitability of human error and can help improve clinical practice and patient safety as a whole.
- Why Human error occurs
- Cognitive Short Topics of Human Factors
- Human factor case studies
- Participant reflection and self evaluation to promote awareness of human factors
- Strategies to improve communication within the workplace
- Developing a safety culture
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an awareness of human error and how this can affect clinical performance
- Describe the different cognitive categories under the umbrella term of human factors
- Discuss the importance of effective communication within healthcare
- Develop an effective and open safety culture within everyday practice
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare professionals of all levels, but many of the topics discussed are transferable across other industries.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.