Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cyber Security Foundations: Identity and Access Management
Strengthen data security with identity and access management
This cyber security training course will introduce you to identity and access management.
Identity and access management is a key tool in data security. It describes the processes by which different users are granted certain data permissions and under what contexts.
This supports data security by ensuring that sensitive information can only be accessed by select users, at select times. Through identity and access management, the possibility of breaches and cyber attacks is greatly reduced.
Once cyber resilience is strengthened, you can focus data security processes on key moments of vulnerability. Identity and access management also serve to reduce the risk of human error, the greatest cause of data breaches.
This course will introduce you to key identity management models and tools, to help increase cyber resilience at your organization.
Discover key identity and access management concepts
In this cyber security training course, you will be introduced to key identity and access management concepts. It is the first of two courses covering identity and access management.
You will learn:
- what identity and access management means and why it is important
- the meaning and importance of the identity and management concepts of ‘identification’ and ‘authentication’
- the meaning and importance of the identity and access management concept of ‘authorisation’
- the role of organizational data security processes in identity and access management
This is a highly practical cyber security training course, aimed to help you contribute to data security and cyber resilience. You’ll be able to directly apply the identity and access management concepts you learn at your organization.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe identity and access management
- Explain the importance of identity and access management
- Identify important topics to consider in identity and access management
- Explain how identification is used in identity and access management
- Explain how authentication is used in identity and access management
- Describe the different types of permissions used in authorization processes
- Explain why organisational processes are important for identity and access management
Who is the course for?
This cyber security training is aimed at IT professionals who want to understand how to protect their organization from cyber attacks. This might include data administrators, those working with sensitive data, or those targeting a career in cyber security.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends