Weekly study5 hours
Microsoft Future Ready: DevOps Development, Implementation and Azure Automation
This course is part of DevOps with Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack where you’ll learn the core values and principles of DevOps and how to put these into practice.
Learn how to use DevOps to deliver stable environments
This three-week course will give you the skills and knowledge to deliver stable environments rapidly, reliably, and at scale.
You’ll learn how to save time by avoiding manual configuration of environments as well as helping with consistency by representing your environments as code.
Save time and reduce errors with Azure automation
You’ll gain knowledge on the process of implementing Microsoft Azure Automation and be able to put this knowledge into practice by demonstrating how to configure and implement Azure automation.
Delving deep into Azure, you’ll cover areas such as Chef deployments in Azure, Puppet deployments, and how to implement, configure and apply Azure Resource Manager templates.
You’ll also develop an understanding of the basics of Desired State Configuration (DSC). From this, you’ll learn how to create a DSC configuration file, import it into the automation account and compile it.
Assemble ARM templates and plug into Visual Studio Team Services
You’ll learn how to assemble ARM templates and then plug these into Visual Studio Team Services to create pipelines. This skill helps you deliver a more efficient process and reduce your production time.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand important DevOps topics such as Azure, AWS, Chef, and the integration between them. You’ll also learn how to take your code from development to production.
- Understand the process of implementing Microsoft Azure Automation.
- Implement and configure runbooks.
- Implement PowerShell workflows.
- Understand the basics of Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Implement Azure Automation DSC and onboard Azure virtual machines for Automation.
- Implement, configure, and apply Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Provision and configure environments by using Azure DevTest Labs.
- Understand Azure services and container environment options
- Use source control for configurations, and integrate Infrastructure as Code into the deployment pipeline.
- Implement Open Source Software (OSS) and third-party tools in Azure such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and SaltStack.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrated how to configure and implement Azure Automation accounts and security
- Applied desired State Configuration (DSC) and how to create a DSC configuration file, import it into the automation account and compile it
- Demonstrated how to create an ARM template by using Visual Studio
- Performed how to configure Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Azure SQL Database using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Visual Studio.
Who is the course for?
This course is best suited for developers working in an organisation delivering software.
This will also suit IT pros who have some knowledge and experience working with cloud-based solutions and Microsoft Azure, and are looking to expand their skills.
What software or tools do you need?
The upgrade version of this course will include all the required CloudSwyft Hands-On Lab practice environments to be used by students and learners on this course, powered by CloudSwyft.
You will need a computer running Windows, Mac OSX or Linux, and a web browser.