Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Inspiring and Motivating Individuals
Learn how to create a shared vision for your team
This four-week course will teach you how to set common goals, improve team communication, and delve into performance markers to better understand the needs of your team.
You’ll learn how to create a shared vision and the best practices to communicate it effectively within your team to ensure you are working towards the same aims.
Learn how to motivate people
Setting effective targets and expectations is vital for enabling your team to achieve a shared vision.
You’ll learn the ways you can motivate your team to progress towards common objectives.
Understand performance drivers across cultures
You’ll also examine the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures to understand what will inspire your team.
In order to motivate your team to achieve shared objectives, you’ll learn how to align rewards with desired behaviours.
Learn from the University of Michigan, experts in leadership skills
The course is led by specialists in the leadership field from the University of Michigan, a world leader in research, learning, and teaching.
This course is part of the Leading People and Teams ExpertTrack, a comprehensive set of leadership courses to help you develop in your role as team leader.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore becoming a visionary leader
- Develop and setting effective goals and expectations
- Understand human needs and drivers of performance across cultures
- Explore aligning rewards and behavior
Who is the course for?
This course will suit you if you are looking to improve your skills in goal setting, communication, leadership, and leadership development.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends