Explore how to improve your communication with people from other cultures
As business becomes ever-more global, intercultural communication has become a vital skill.
If you work in a multinational office, work or study abroad, or simply want to know how to improve your communication skills, understanding how to overcome cultural differences is crucial.
On this course you’ll learn how to understand the nuances of cross-cultural interaction, understanding your own and others’ cultural identities. You’ll learn different communication styles, and how values can change from country to country.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of learning intercultural communication.
- Describe the composition and significance of your cultural identities.
- Compare cultural assumptions of your own and others.
- Identify cultural variations in communication styles.
- Classify some major cultural values underlying different behaviors.
- Apply these for adaptation in intercultural interactions more confidently and resourcefully.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for pre-university, undergraduate and post-experience students. You will need conversational English or above, an interest in international issues, and curiosity about, exposure to or experience of other cultures.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLintercultural to talk about this course on social media.