Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Use Microsoft Excel for Data Analysis
Discover the foundations of data analysis using the latest in Microsoft Excel
From transport to finance, everyday activities are increasingly leaving digital footprints that are transforming the workplace. Data analytics is the study of this ‘big data’.
As the world is becoming ever more data-driven, many employers are increasingly searching for people with analytical skills. The global data analytics market is expected to grow by 30% from 2020 to 2023, offering a huge number of employment opportunities. Build your skills in data analytics and Microsoft Excel to find an entry into this thriving industry and create a rewarding and lucrative career.
Learn how to analyse data in Microsoft Excel
You’ll learn how to perform data analysis by creating pivot tables in Microsoft Excel which is one of the most popular features in Excel. You’ll see the power of Excel pivots in action and their ability to summarise data in flexible ways, enabling quick exploration of data to produce useful insights from your accumulated data.
Uncover essential Excel functions and formulas
You’ll also learn how Excel formulas can be used to aggregate data to create useful reports across a multitude of business functions. These skills will help you to create dashboards and report hierarchical data. You’ll even be able to find anomalies within your data, to prevent mistakes in reporting.
Create charts and data visualisations in Excel
Once you’ve analysed your data, you’ll need to present it to your stakeholders. You’ll learn how to create a variety of charts and visualisations so that your data analysis work can make a real impact.
As part of this course, you’ll have access to a dedicated lab environment with the latest Microsoft Excel application and tools to complete exercises and activities, all powered by CloudSwyft.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate how to create flexible data aggregations using pivot tables
- Apply how to represent data visually using pivot charts
- Explain how to create aggregate reports using formula based techniques
- Calculate margins and other common ratios using calculation on pivot table
Who is the course for?
This course is for anybody who would like to improve their data analysis skills and start using Microsoft Excel more effectively. This may include aspiring data analysts, software developers, engineers, or new managers who need to brush up on their analytics.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends