- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Essential Mathematics for Data Analysis in Microsoft Excel
Data analysis is inextricably linked with maths. While statistics are the most important mathematical element, it also requires a good understanding of different formulas and mathematical inference.
This course is designed to build up your understanding of the essential maths required for data analytics. It’s been designed for anybody who would like to refresh their maths knowledge or learn it in a simplified way before embarking on further data analytics training.
Build your knowledge of basic statistics
Explore summary statistics and learn how to make statistical predictions so that you can analyse data across any field or discipline. You’ll discover how to apply statistical methods to your data, and will practice the formula required to do that so that you can analyse and understand your data sets.
Understand simple mathematical notation
Mathematical notations include numbers, variables, delimiters, functions, relational symbols, and operator symbols. You’ll learn basic notation and expressions, and find out how they are applied to Excel formulas to complete simple calculations.
Apply your maths to business forecasting methods
Once you have a good understanding of the maths behind it, you’ll move onto forecasting future trends using your data. You’ll apply inferential maths to your data sets and calculate business metrics and KPIs to turn your new knowledge into genuine business value.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate how to handle data sets for analysis purposes
- Apply mathematical notations
- Calculate business metrics and KPIs to derive business value from data sets
- Summarize data with distributions and graphs
Who is the course for?
This course is for anybody who would like to refresh their maths, statistics, and mathematical notation in order to be a better data analyst. This may include aspiring data analysts or new managers who need to upskill to understand the data within their business.
What software or tools do you need?
The upgrade version of this course will include all the required CloudSwyft Hands-On Lab practice environments to be used by students and learners on this course, powered by CloudSwyft.
You will need a computer running Windows, Mac OSX or Linux, and a web browser.
Learn data analysis from scratch, including an introduction to essential maths and Microsoft Excel.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends