Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel for Absolute Beginners
Data analysis skills are in high demand, but can be hard to grow if you don’t have a solid basis in maths or data literacy. This course has been designed for people of all ages to provide a solid introduction to data concepts and structures.
Start building your data literacy
You’ll start to build foundational knowledge of data, from simple data literacy through to analysing data and understanding the environments where data exists at work and in our lives in general. You’ll then move on to understanding what ‘telling stories with data’ actually means and how you can do it.
Begin a journey to a career in data or just understand the data landscape
You can use this course to get started on the path to becoming a data analyst, or you can use it to become more data literate so that you can understand how businesses use your data, why that may be a problem, and which aspects of your own data are important.
Gain an introduction to data analysis and foundation for further learning
Throughout the course, we’ll reference additional courses and learning paths you can take to continue on your data knowledge journey. Once you’ve completed this course, you will have the skills and confidence to continue learning and building on the core concepts explained within.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the understanding of data’s many contexts, origins and applications in life, work, and society
- Discuss the different types of data
- Demonstrate a summary statistics to analyze and understand data sets
- Engage with introductory level data and mathematical concepts
Who is the course for?
This course has been developed for anybody who would like to grow their understanding of data analysis. This may include aspiring analysts in any industry, managers who need to learn data analytics, and aspiring data scientists, engineers, software developers, or AI engineers.
It’s also for anybody who wants a better understanding of today’s data landscape and how it applies to them.
What software or tools do you need?
The upgrade version of this course will include all the required CloudSwyft Hands-On Lab practice environments to be used by students and learners on this course, powered by CloudSwyft.
You will need a computer running Windows, Mac OSX or Linux, and a web browser.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.