What topics will you cover?
- Threat landscape: terminology, cyber security threats, keeping up to date
- Authentication: access control, passwords, two-factor authentication
- Malware: types of malware, attack vectors, preventing infection
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges, standards
- Cryptography: symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, applications
- Network security: firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection / prevention
- When your defences fail: cyber security laws, recovering from attacks
- Managing security risks: risk analysis and management
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
The course does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information.
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLcybersec to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course