Why join the course?
This online course will help you understand online security and protect your digital life, whether at home or work.
Guided by Cory Doctorow, you will learn how to recognise threats that could harm you online and take steps to reduce the chances that they happen to you.
The course will frame your online safety in the context of the wider world, introducing concepts like malware, viruses, trojans, network security, cryptography, identity theft and risk management.
The course was supported by the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme, is GCHQ Certified Training and IISP accredited.
What topics will you cover?
- Threat landscape: terminology, cyber security threats, keeping up to date
- Authentication: access control, passwords, two-factor authentication
- Malware: types of malware, attack vectors, preventing infection
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges, standards
- Cryptography: symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, applications
- Network security: firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection / prevention
- When your defences fail: cyber security laws, recovering from attacks
- Managing security risks: risk analysis and management
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
The course does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLcybersec to talk about this course on social media.