Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality
Step into the world of tourism and hospitality management
Tourism plays an important role in many people’s lives. It can make us feel enthusiastic and fuel our desire to visit new places, experience different cultures, and establish new memories. But it’s also a vital industry to the world economy.
On this four-week course from the Universidad de Palermo, you will analyse the main characteristics of tourism, its challenges, and its transformation over the years.
By discovering the basic concepts of tourism and hospitality, you’ll be able to address the importance they have in the world economy, culture, and the environment.
Explore the motivations of tourists
Tourists are obviously key to the tourism sector so it’s vital to understand their motivations and how they spend their leisure time.
This course will guide you through understanding tourists and the important role they play in the natural, socio-economic, and cultural environments. You’ll also look at some of the negative effects of tourism such as displacement.
Delve into the challenges of the travel and tourism industry
There are many obstacles that the tourism and hospitality sector has to overcome each year. From supply and demand to seasonality and tourist flows, you’ll look at the tourism market and how to approach its typical challenges.
Discover how the sector has adapted towards sustainable tourism
On this course, you’ll learn the importance of adopting good practices in tourism and hospitality and of respecting cultural diversity, the environment, and heritage in order to create a responsible and sustainable tourism industry.
You’ll also look at the innovations and investments in the tourism sector, especially in the digital space, in order to better understand the roles each area plays in digital environments within the industry.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore and understand the complications of the tourism sector.
- Recognise the importance of the relationship between the tourist and the natural, socio-economic and cultural environment.
- Identify the characteristics of transport companies, hospitality and food services as essential members in the tourism industry in digital environments.
- Develop familiarity with the specific technical language of the sector.
- Identify the techniques, the strategies, and the policies to facilitate a sustainable tourism development.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the tourism and hospitality sector. It will be especially useful to university students currently studying hospitality or for any professionals in the industry.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends