Weekly study3 hours
Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Discover UX research and design tools and learn the value of user-centred design
On this UX course, you’ll be introduced to key topics in the fields of UX research and design, and build your skills and understanding of UX.
Learn how to do effective UX research and conduct UX interviews
Led by experts at the University of Michigan, you’ll learn exactly what’s involved in conducting effective UX research.
You’ll learn about the process of conducting UX interviews and evaluating and analysing products and systems using the core principles of good design.
Discover the art of UX sketching
As well as exploring the role and skills of UX researchers, you’ll have the chance to learn about UX sketching and prototyping for developing new design concepts.
As you explore the fascinating work involved in UX Design, you’ll discover new design solutions and learn how to create UX prototypes with different levels of intricacy.
Explore UI design Heuristics
This UX training course will also enable you to probe deeper into design principles as you learn about design heuristics and how they should impact the UX design process.
Through an exploration of the different phases of UX research and design, this course will ultimately enable you to discover how to learn from inevitable design mistakes, improve on them, and work towards creating a product with a great UX.
- What is UX? What are UX Research and Design?
- UX Design Overview
- How Do People Perceive Information?
- How Do People Act in the World?
- Design Heuristics
- Heuristic Evaluation and Course Wrap-up
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the skills needed for UX research and design
- Assess user needs and assess possible designs
- Perform a micro-usability test
- Reflect on how UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts
- Explore how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
- Describe the key features of human behavior and their impact on the design of interactive systems
- Apply techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to gain UX training and experience in UX principles and processes, as well as UX research.
Who developed the course?
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.