Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 6
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes
Discover UX research and design tools and learn the value of user-centred design
On this UX course, you’ll be introduced to key topics in the fields of UX research and design, and build your skills and understanding of UX.
Learn how to do effective UX research and conduct UX interviews
Led by experts at the University of Michigan, you’ll learn exactly what’s involved in conducting effective UX research.
You’ll learn about the process of conducting UX interviews and evaluating and analysing products and systems using the core principles of good design.
Discover the art of UX sketching
As well as exploring the role and skills of UX researchers, you’ll have the chance to learn about UX sketching and prototyping for developing new design concepts.
As you explore the fascinating work involved in UX Design, you’ll discover new design solutions and learn how to create UX prototypes with different levels of intricacy.
Explore UI design Heuristics
This UX training course will also enable you to probe deeper into design principles as you learn about design heuristics and how they should impact the UX design process.
Through an exploration of the different phases of UX research and design, this course will ultimately enable you to discover how to learn from inevitable design mistakes, improve on them, and work towards creating a product with a great UX.
- What is UX? What are UX Research and Design?
- UX Design Overview
- How Do People Perceive Information?
- How Do People Act in the World?
- Design Heuristics
- Heuristic Evaluation and Course Wrap-up
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the skills needed for UX research and design
- Assess user needs and assess possible designs
- Perform a micro-usability test
- Reflect on how UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts
- Explore how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
- Describe the key features of human behavior and their impact on the design of interactive systems
- Apply techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to gain UX training and experience in UX principles and processes, as well as UX research.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.