- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes
Discover UX research and design tools and learn the value of user-centred design
On this UX course, you’ll be introduced to key topics in the fields of UX research and design, and build your skills and understanding of UX.
Learn how to do effective UX research and conduct UX interviews
Led by experts at the University of Michigan, you’ll learn exactly what’s involved in conducting effective UX research.
You’ll learn about the process of conducting UX interviews and evaluating and analysing products and systems using the core principles of good design.
Discover the art of UX sketching
As well as exploring the role and skills of UX researchers, you’ll have the chance to learn about UX sketching and prototyping for developing new design concepts.
As you explore the fascinating the work involved in UX Design, you’ll discover new design solutions and learn how to create UX prototypes at different levels of fidelity (different stages of intricacy).
Explore UI design Heuristics
This UX training course will also enable you to probe deeper into design principles as you learn about design heuristics and how they should impact the UX design process.
Through an exploration of the different phases of UX research and design, this course will ultimately enable you to discover how to learn from inevitable design mistakes, improve on them, and work towards creating a product with a great UX.
- What is UX? What are UX Research and Design?
- UX Design Overview
- How Do People Perceive Information?
- How Do People Act in the World?
- Design Heuristics
- Heuristic Evaluation and Course Wrap-up
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the skills needed for UX research and design
- Assess user needs and assess possible designs
- Perform a micro-usability test
- Reflect on how UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts
- Explore how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
- Describe the key features of human behavior and their impact on the design of interactive systems
- Apply techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to gain UX training and experience in UX principles and processes, as well as UX research.
This course is part of the University of Michigan’s program, User Experience Research and Design.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: