- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Irish 201: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
Learn how to describe your background, family and where you live in Irish
Build on your existing basic knowledge of the Irish language and culture. Whether you’re looking to work, study or travel in Ireland, gain a greater insight into the Irish language and improve your language skills on this engaging online course.
You will cover a range of topics that will help you speak and write about yourself, your home and family along with learning some aspects of Irish grammar. You will hear from Irish speakers who speak and use Irish everyday and learn more about Irish culture through literature, sport and music.
- Begin the next series of Irish language and culture courses aimed at those working towards intermediate level/level B1
- Discuss oneself and and enquire about other people
- Describe where you and others live and the facilities available there
- Give your opinion and enquire about other’s opinions
- Construct sentences and learn grammar in context
- Discuss family members and activities
- Talk about the home you live in
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe one’s personal background in Irish, such as place of birth, nationality, name, age and home address
- Discuss one’s local area and place of residence
- Describe one’s family in Irish
- Discuss one’s accommodation in Irish
- Engage with pieces of spoken and written Irish based on the themes of the course
- Produce short written tasks using set phrases relating to specific topics covered in the course
- Develop confidence to express information and opinions in Irish relating to the themes of the course
- Explore different aspects of Irish grammar in context
- Engage with elements of Irish culture and mythology through storytelling, music, literature and song
Who is the course for?
This course is for adult elementary language learners working towards an intermediate level of Irish, and anyone who wants to continue to learn the basics of Irish and the culture associated with it.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: