Irish 201: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Extra benefits From $44 Find out more
Learn how to describe your background, family and where you live in Irish
Build on your existing basic knowledge of the Irish language and culture. Whether you’re looking to work, study or travel in Ireland, gain a greater insight into the Irish language and improve your language skills on this engaging online course.
You will cover a range of topics that will help you speak and write about yourself, your home and family along with learning some aspects of Irish grammar. You will hear from Irish speakers who speak and use Irish everyday and learn more about Irish culture through literature, sport and music.
What topics will you cover?
- Begin the next series of Irish language and culture courses aimed at those working towards intermediate level/level B1
- Discuss oneself and and enquire about other people
- Describe where you and others live and the facilities available there
- Give your opinion and enquire about other’s opinions
- Construct sentences and learn grammar in context
- Discuss family members and activities
- Talk about the home you live in
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for adult elementary language learners working towards an intermediate level of Irish, and anyone who wants to continue to learn the basics of Irish and the culture associated with it.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: