Weekly study4 hours
Irish 202: Irish Language and Culture for Adults
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how to discuss your education, work, and daily life in the Irish language
Building upon Irish 201, this course is an opportunity to further your Irish language learning and explore Irish culture and tradition more fully.
You’ll learn how to talk about your daily schedule, education and work. You’ll listen to and read Irish text related to these themes and study the relevant aspects of Irish grammar. You’ll also discover Irish mythology through various mediums, including storytelling and song.
By the end of this course, you will have developed your speaking, listening and writing abilities in Irish and have a greater understanding of traditional Irish culture.
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe one’s daily schedule in Irish, including house work and daily responsibilities.
- Discuss one’s education and qualifications.
- Describe one’s occupation in Irish.
- Talk about one’s ideal job in Irish.
- Engage with pieces of spoken and written Irish based on the themes of the course.
- Compose short written tasks using set phrases relating to specific topics covered in the course.
- Express orally information and opinions in Irish relating to the themes of the course.
- Learn different aspects of Irish grammar in context.
- Engage with elements of Irish culture and mythology through storytelling, music, literature and song.
Who is the course for?
This course is for adult elementary language learners working towards an intermediate level of Irish, and anyone who wants to continue to learn the basics of Irish and the culture associated with it.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.