Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Improve your basic conversational Irish whilst delving into Irish culture
Ireland is home to one of the oldest living languages in Europe. This follows the course Irish 103: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture.
On this course, you’ll improve your understanding of basic spoken words, phrases and dialogues in Irish. You’ll learn how to make arrangements to meet other people, talk about going on holiday and give commands. You’ll also explore the myths and legends of Ireland and the role of women within these stories.
Join now to discover the links between Irish language and contemporary Irish culture and society.
Bígí linn – join us!
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Irish language
- Introducing and describing yourself
- Making arrangements to meet other people
- Introduction to the future tense
- Asking and answering questions
- Commands and how to use them in everyday situations
- Storytelling in Irish, myths and legends
- Going on holidays
- The role of women in Irish myths and legends
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone, anywhere, who wants to learn Irish. It would also be of use to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLIrish104 to talk about this course on social media.