Immerse yourself in the Irish language and its culture.
Building upon previous courses, Irish 107 will help you take the next steps in learning the Irish language. You will broaden your ability to converse in the language by learning how to describe people by personality and appearance and converse about shopping for clothes.
By the end of the course, you will have learned how to engage in practical conversational topics and you will learn about the genitive case and future tenses. And of course, you’ll have an even deeper appreciation for the Irish language - and its important place in modern Irish life!
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Irish language
- Introducing and describing people
- Conversing about clothes and shopping
- Discussing and making plans for holidays
- Talking about the weather
- Constructing sentences and learning grammar in context
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course would suit learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to those who have completed a complete beginners course and wish to move on to the next level.