- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Irish 107: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
Immerse yourself in the Irish language and its culture.
Building upon previous courses, Irish 107 will help you take the next steps in learning the Irish language. You will broaden your ability to converse in the language by learning how to describe people by personality and appearance and converse about shopping for clothes.
By the end of the course, you will have learned how to engage in practical conversational topics and you will learn about the genitive case and future tenses. And of course, you’ll have an even deeper appreciation for the Irish language - and its important place in modern Irish life!
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Describe different parts of the body
- Discuss a persons personality, demeanour and physical attributes
- Develop skills in sentence construction and broaden your understanding of grammar
- Explore Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
- Discuss topics asking where a person is going on holiday and what they did there
- Identify and engage with vocabulary related to the weather
- Explain and discuss aspects regarding the themes of shopping and clothes using phrases and new vocabulary
Who is the course for?
This course would suit learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to those who have completed a complete beginners course and wish to move on to the next level.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.