- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $54
Irish 108: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
Improve your ability in speaking and reading in Irish
Building upon Irish 107, this course is an opportunity to continue developing your understanding of Irish language and culture. You will use what you’ve learnt from previous courses and explore topics in greater depth.
You will learn how to ask for a favour as well as ask and answer questions about directions. You will practise how to make arrangements with others and accept or decline invitations. You will also learn to understand grammar in relation to these topics.
By the end of the course, you will have gained a greater insight into the link between the Irish language and culture today.
What topics will you cover?
- Continuation of the Irish language A2 learning level
- Give directions, describe the location and the movement required to reach a destination
- Give and look for information regarding different locations
- Ask permission of a person or for a favour
- Constructing sentences and learning grammar in context
- Make arrangements to meet a friend or colleague
- Give an invitation and learn how to also refuse it
- Revison of elements of word order and sentence construction covered in previous courses
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Develop skills in sentence construction and broaden your understanding of grammar
- Discuss and give information about specific locations, directions and movements
- Explore Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
- Describe and make arrangements to meet others
- Engage in conversation with regard to asking a person for a favour or giving permission
- Reflect on elements of grammar and sentence construction covered during the course
- Apply knowledge regarding the topics covered in practical tasks
Who is the course for?
This course is for learners all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would be valuable to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills or learn from scratch.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: