- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Italian for Beginners 6: Out And About
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
This free online course is the last of six in the Italian for Beginners program. It will introduce you to the language that you need to:
- book holiday accommodation;
- talk about dates;
- make a complaint;
- order a meal;
- make a request;
- talk about what you are doing right now.
Learn Italian to get things done
During the four weeks of the course, you will learn the vocabulary and phrases you need to get things done, such as booking a hotel or a holiday house or ordering a meal - and also making a complaint. You will find out how to specify dates.
You will learn how to use the present continuous to talk about what you are doing and how to make a request using the verb potere (can).
You will expand your knowledge of Italian culture, with information on holiday accommodation, Italian regional dishes and fast food Italian style.
- Book holiday accommodation;
- Talk about dates;
- Make a complaint;
- Order a meal;
- Make a request;
- Talk about what you are doing right now.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop skills in basic Italian for interacting in common communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Italian
- Apply the language introduced to get things done and make a request or a complaint
- Apply the language introduced to talk about what you are doing now
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Italian, who want to learn the basic language and find out about Italy and its regions and culture. The course assumes that you have already studied the previous five courses in the Italian for Beginners program. This course is taught through English.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020