- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Studying in Italian - Language and Literature: a MOVE-ME Project Course
Study Language and Literature in Italian
Each year thousands of students travel across Europe to study in a foreign language like Italian. This can be daunting, even for those who are fluent.
This online course, developed within the MOVE-ME project by UniStraSi, NUI Galway and The Open University, will help, guiding you through the peculiarities of academic discourse in Italian, and enabling you to understand and produce written and aural academic texts.
1 ECTS credit is awarded by completing the course, taking the final test and obtaining the Certificate of Achievement.
What topics will you cover?
- Increase students’ awareness of the language learning process and knowing how to use effective learning strategies
- Improve students’ understanding of written and oral expository texts relating to specific disciplines and belonging to various genres
- Improve the quality of oral and written expository texts produced by students
- Improve students’ performance at oral and written exams
- Support students in learning to learn
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore your ability to learn a language
- Apply learning strategies
- Perform an oral exam
- Improve writing skills
- Reflect on the main features of expository texts
- Develop skills and strategies to properly understand lectures and written academic texts
- Perform different ways to listen and read academic texts relating to different tasks
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at university students taking part in student mobility programmes in Europe and international students attending courses in Italy. A minimum B1 knowledge of Italian is required.
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLlearninginitalian to talk about this course on social media.