Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Live Smart: Your Essential Guide to Living at University
Get ready for university life and make the most of your time as a student
What do you think university life is like?
You probably have many questions about what to expect. This course will help you prepare for the best possible start, wherever you go.
You’ll hear practical advice on how to navigate university life from current students and staff as they give you an insight into the expectations vs reality, what support will be available, and common questions about what’s ahead.
Live Smart will help you to start making plans so that you can set goals for your future and build on the life skills that will help you make the most of your time at university and beyond.
Hear from our course team
You can take this course at any time. However, if you’d like to engage with the course team, our mentors will be joining the course discussions during the following dates:
11 January 2021 – 31 January 2021
14 June 2021 – 4 July 2021
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the difference between further education and higher education to understand what is expected of a university student
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing personal finances when it comes to researching accommodation, food and working with budgets
- Contribute to online discussions about shared experiences to help deepen their understanding and further their knowledge
- Improve personal and professional skills to gain confidence in and out of university
- Explore the type of support and resources available to students at their chosen university
- Develop life skills and tools that will help build independence and resilience for university life and beyond
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone considering or soon to be enrolling at university.
Parents and supporters may also find this course useful to gain a better understanding of what living at university entails, and the sources of support that are available to students throughout their undergraduate career.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.