- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Digital upgradeFree
COVID-19: Helping Young People Manage Low Mood and Depression
Learn how young people can manage low mood and depression during COVID-19
In an unprecedented time of upheaval and change, it’s understandable that many young people’s mental health may be particularly vulnerable.
On this course, young people, parents, carers, teachers, and other professionals can learn helpful, practical techniques to cope with low mood and depression during the lockdown period and beyond. You’ll examine how to help young people structure their day and improve sleep and diet.
You’ll explore how to build positive family communication, and learn tips on how to manage your thoughts and feelings, building long-lasting resilience along the way.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify practical ways to structure the day and promote healthy habits to increase positive mood and reduce withdrawal
- Explore the importance of self-care and modelling adaptive and mood enhancing behaviours
- Engage in strategies for managing your thoughts and your feelings during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Apply helpful communication techniques to ensure conflict is kept to a minimum
- Reflect on how you can use this time as an opportunity for developing resilience
Who is the course for?
This course is helpful for young people with low mood and depression and their parents and carers, or anyone who has contact with young people during COVID-19.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.